Alzheimer’s Association Conference in San Francisco: Dementia Awareness and Caregiving for LGBT
Preparing for the Changing Horizon: Dementia Awareness and Caregiving for LGBT Older Adults from Diverse Communities
Date: Friday, February 20, 2014
Time: 8:30 am – 4 pm
The Milton Marks Conference Center
455 Golden Gate Avenue
This education conference is designed for diverse Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender caregivers and professionals interested in learning about the issues of dementia care in the LGBT community.
- Health Equity and Aging Among LGBT Older Adults, Addressing Dementia Awareness and Priority Needs in Diverse Communities
- Dementia Care: Considerations for LGBT Affirming Assessments, Support and Resource Provision
- Living with Alzheimer’s – A Personal Perspective
- Integrating Cultural Values, Beliefs and Practices into Dementia Care of LGBT Older Adults
- Something for Your Wellness Toolkit
This event is cosponsored by Stanford Geriatric Education Center, Family Caregiver Alliance, Alzheimer’s Association, Northern California/Northern Nevada Chapter, UCSF Northern California Geriatric Education Center/Institute on Aging Consortium, and the County and City of San Francisco, Department of Aging and Adult Services.