Stand up to the darkness of Alzheimer’s on The Longest Day
The Longest Day® is the day with the most light — the summer solstice. Between now and June 20, people across the world will participate in a fundraising activity of their choosing. Together, we can get closer to our ultimate goal: the first survivor of Alzheimer’s.
Register by Feb. 28 to receive a complimentary upgrade to a performance grade T-shirt.
Is The Longest Day right for you?
Take our short quiz to see if you might enjoy participating in The Longest Day.
- Want to honor someone you love who has been affected by Alzheimer’s or another dementia or help prevent future generations from developing Alzheimer’s?
- Have a favorite hobby or activity?
- Like to host events?
- Want to have more team building activities at work?
- Appreciate the opportunity to learn something new or practice a skill?
- Want to get your entire family or company involved, even though you’re spread across the country (or globe) and can’t all be together?
- Prefer smaller gatherings over larger events?
- Like indoor activities (e.g., games, arts and crafts, baking)?
- Want to support the Alzheimer’s Association, but are busy on the day of Walk to End Alzheimer’s, don’t enjoy walking or don’t have a Walk near you?
- Have a birthday, wedding, anniversary or other event coming up and would prefer that people donate to the Alzheimer’s Association instead of buying you a gift?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then we encourage you to participate in The Longest Day.
Choose any day
It doesn’t have to be one event or be held on June 20. For some teams, having multiple smaller events throughout the year may be a better option.
Any activity can be a fundraiser
Not sure how to turn your favorite activity into a fundraiser? Don’t worry. Our staff and committee members can coach you to success.
Want to build a team?
Start talking with others about why you are supporting the Alzheimer’s Association. You will be surprised at how many friends, neighbors and coworkers know someone with Alzheimer’s or another cognitive impairment. Once you’ve found other people who are interested, ask what the group members like to do and build a team around that. Sometimes team members choose multiple activities – not everyone has to do the same thing.
How do I start?
Register today at alz.org/thelongestday. Sign up by Feb. 28 to receive a performance t-shirt upgrade. Together, we can use our creativity and passion to raise funds and awareness for Alzheimer’s care, support and research efforts.
Interested in being part of the volunteer committee? Reach out Kristen Guanella, Constituent Events Manager, The Longest Day, at 707.2973233 or email@example.com.
Helpful information related to this post